Burning Man’s Station Agent will work with the Black Rock Station (BRS) Nevada Properties Superintendent (NVPS) and Assistant Ranch Manager in providing facility maintenance and services for the Burning Man Staff and Community. There are openings available for pre-season work running from April through Fence Day on August 4th, post-season work running from Event Strike through the end of October, and full season work running from April through October. We are also looking for staff with expertise in electrical and carpentry.
The deadline to apply for this role is 6:00pm PT on Friday, April 28, 2017.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Ranch and Gerlach Property Support
- Perform construction and manual labor as defined per project by the NVPS and Assistant Ranch Manager.
- Assist the NVPS and Asst. Ranch Manager to maintain the overall Security, Organization and Functionality of BRS and Gerlach Properties including the Power, Fuel, Water and Waste Systems, Structures, Shops, Tools, Miscellaneous Storage, General Environment as set forth by the NVPS.
- Ensure that the Grounds, Shops, Tools, Materials and all Miscellaneous Storage Items at BRS are properly used and organized and safe at all times and accessible for use by appropriate/approved members of the BM Community.
- Abide by the rules and codes of conduct as described in the DPW manual and the Ranch Protocols.
- Set a personal example of conduct for all guest and newcomers to BRS.
- Help greet and direct volunteers and visitors at BRS and inform them of the protocols, procedures and rules and how to best utilize the resources available.
- Report any Property Damage and/or Malfunctions, Misuse of Property, Safety Issues or Concerns to the Ranch Manager, NVPS or Asst. Ranch Manager.
- Work under the direct Supervision of the NVPS and Asst. Ranch Manager.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by Black Rock City LLC.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects (minimum 50 pounds) safely and willing to get dirty.
- Must be able to follow direction through to task completion.
- Easy-going, able to switch from project to project quickly and easily.
- Team player, able to work independently.
- Not above any task.
- Able to work in an extreme environment including drastic temperature changes, high winds and low to no visibility at times.
- Experience in working as a heavy equipment operator. (preferred)
- Skills in operating power tools. (preferred)
- Handyman, plumbing, electrical, heavy equipment or mechanical skills. (preferred)
- Possess a valid Class “C” Driver’s License and clean driving record.
This position requires periods of heavy lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, and climbing. This position will be physically demanding, and requires individuals with good physical health, and endurance. This will also include the need to find and meet with department representatives who may not be in the vicinity therefore this could include walking or using some form of transportation. Some of the work will be in outside weather conditions and will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles as well as possible extremes in temperature.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This is a temporary, full-time position ineligible for benefits, working out of Gerlach, Nevada.
Burning Man is an equal-opportunity employer.